What Is SEO?
SEO is the hardest technique to master these days. A great SEO can drive tons of traffic to your website, channel, eCommerce store, etc.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a technique in which you market your content in a way so it can become easier for search engines to understand your content as well as to display that content to the most relevant users.
This process requires consistent efforts and shows results over time. SEO consists of several types of practices to rank a website in SERP (search engine result page).
SEO is an art because you need to understand what and how your users can find great content on your web pages, channel, etc.
Understanding the demand for content your targeted users want and the creation of that content is really important to get success in SEO.
But, what is the first step to start SEO for a website?
Let’s jump to the first step of SEO which is “Keyword Research”.
Keyword research is the basic and the most powerful step of SEO.
Right keywords and strategically placed keywords in the content can boost your rankings in SERP and can help you to drive tons of users to your website.
People search terms on search engines to find the solutions and search engines’ job is to provide the most relevant results to their users.
This whole process is based on search terms or keywords.
Hence, having keywords in your content becomes necessary because keywords are the only way by which you can tell search engines that your content is actually helpful for their searchers.
How To Do Keyword Research?
Keyword Research depends upon three things which are search volume, competition, and relevance. This three-step formula is known as tripod rule.
Let’s know more deeply about this tripod rule:-
Keyword Volume:- Keyword volume refers to the total number of searches occurring in a month. A good search volume for a specific keyword is necessary if you want to drive enough traffic to your website.
Keyword Competition:- Keyword competition is the second important thing that you need to figure out before creating content on that specific keyword.
If the competition is high and you are newly jumping into a particular industry, then keep in mind that it will be useless to work with highly competitive keywords. Your priority should be low competitive keywords and then medium competitive keywords.
Keyword Relevance:– Keyword relevance denotes how relevant a keyword is for your industry and for your web page. Keywords with high relevance tend to get more clicks everywhere on the internet.
Working Style Of Search Engines?
Search engines want to provide the best and the most relevant results to their searchers. So how does everything work?
Let’s break down the whole process in three simple steps which are explained below:-
Crawling:- Crawling is a process in which search engines send their bots or web spiders to the web pages to discover the content and codes. This content format could be text, image, audio, videos, etc.
Search engines want fresh and new content consistently so they keep sending their bots to the different links. And, when the spiders get a link on a web page they crawl further or crawl more. So, crawling is basically the process of discovering content by the links.
Indexing:- After discovering the content it’s time to index that. Search engines store more and more content in their big database.
They deem and serve the freshest and relevant content to their searchers to solve the query. The giant search engine “Google” uses the index called “Caffeine”.
Ranking:- Arranging content pieces according to their relevance with respect to a query is called ranking in SERP (search engine result page).
In simple words, if a website ranks on number one in the SERP for a specific query then the website is considered the most relevant result for that search query according to the search engines.
Three Aspects of SEO, On-Page, Off-Page And Technical SEO.
What Is On-Page SEO?
On-page SEO is a group of techniques that are performed on websites to make it optimized for search engines.
Some of the techniques are mentioned below:-
- Title Tag And Meta Description:- Describing a web page through title and description is really necessary for SEO. Titles and descriptions help search engines as well as human eyes to recognize what this web page actually consists of.
- Url Structure:- Creating nice and appealing URLs is important for a web page. A nice static URL tends to rank higher in SERP than dynamic URLs.
- Content Optimisation:- Writing content with the keywords which have a high search volume is important in SEO to get a high number of visitors.
- Image Optimization:- Compressing image size without sacrificing its quality and giving relevant Alt text (Alt attributes) is called image optimization. This process is important to increase site speed.
- UI (User Interface):- User interface with higher attraction and easy accessibility is important to hold users on a website. It helps to reduce the site’s bounce rate.
- UX (User experience):- User experience is another factor to improvise the experience of users coming to a website.
- Header Tags:- Describing your paragraphs using header tags from H1 to H6 is good to help search engine crawlers to understand your content.
- Internal linking:- Linking a useful piece of content on the same domain is called internal linking.
- External Linking:- Linking a piece of content from another domain on a web page is called External linking. This is the best way to signal search engines that a web page wants to provide the most value to the user.
- Redirections:- When a web page gets deleted or relocated, then technically it shows ‘404 not found’ error. This is the common practice which we all perform. In this case, notifying search engines that you have a new web page instead of an old one, 301 (permanent redirection) or 302 (temporary redirection) is required.
- Featured Snippets:- Featured snippets are the snippets that appear on zero number or above the first result for any search query. These snippets are the summary of the content. For these snippets, you need to insert metadata on your web page to describe the search engine what your content is actually about.
These are some common On-page practices that are performed by an SEO expert to enhance the site’s look and performance for users in the eyes of search engines.
What Is Off-Page SEO?
The voting system is still a great technique to see the response of an audience type in a particular industry. More votes to somebody explains itself that more people like him/her.
The same approach is considered by search engines over the Internet. When a website gets backlinks or citations from more relevant and high authoritative sites, it signals search engines that the website is getting popular.
It means backlinks are still an important factor when we talk about search engine result page rankings.
Some of the Off-Page SEO techniques are mentioned below:-
Creating high-quality content and submitting it to higher authority websites that allow the submission of user-generated content is called guest posting.
Guest posting is still an effective Off-Page SEO technique to increase your brand reach and to get a quality backlink.
Video is a format of content that gets the highest engagement in comparison to any other format of content.
Creating videos for brand awareness or lead generation and submitting those to video submission sites is a really effective way to get good results.
Some high-authority video submission sites are mentioned below:-
PDF is another form of visual content. Creating appealing and informative PDFs for your business or brand can help you to get more targeted visitors for your business.
Some qualitative PDF websites are mentioned below:-
Images are more explanatory than text. You can describe your thoughts more powerfully by images. You can create and submit images related to your business to image submission sites.
Some image submission sites are mentioned below:-
What Is Technical SEO?
Technical SEO is a crucial factor in how your site will perform in SERP. An SEO expert should have a strong bonding with a website developer to make a website completely from both sides.
Basically, technical consists of a group of activities that are performed under the guidance of a web developer.
The main motive of these activities is to solve the technical issues which may occur during the process of website rendering, the interaction of users with websites and website crawling by search engines.
Simple Rule of SEO
Create great content with a great website and explain it properly to search engines. Yeah, that’s it!
Just create quality content for your users and try to give them the best experience. SEO is all about providing value to your visitors. If you know how to give value to your users, then you don’t need to worry about rankings.
Because positive responses from your loyal users will help you to rank on the number one result on Google rapidly.